Full Support for your Move to Ottawa
The University’s Human Resources Service will help you settle comfortably in Ottawa. Your Faculty Recruitment Coordinator will provide assistance with:
- Finding a home
- Working with your faculty to facilitate a work permit if applicable
- Finding day care or schools for children
- Questions that you may have about living in Ottawa and its surrounding areas
- Questions that you may have about your benefits, provincial health insurance, driving, etc.
- Exploring employment opportunities for spouses
The University will reimburse newly appointed faculty members for many expenses associated with relocation, including the packing and moving of household and personal items, and travel expenses for initial visits to the capital.