Building your career
We want you to succeed… to be challenged… motivated… and highly satisfied with your University of Ottawa career. Consequently, we offer a variety of tools and supports to help you develop your career the way you want it to unfold.
Centre for Academic Leadership
We’ll help you blaze your path. Our Centre for Academic Leadership offers career development workshops, leadership development, e-learning strategies, and a new-faculty mentoring program. Faculty mentors provide helpful support, information, and advice for negotiating an increasingly complex academic world.
Career development modules
The Centre for Academic Leadership offers modules that will help you build both a successful career and a supportive network of colleagues on campus.
Teaching and Learning Support Service
The University’s Teaching and Learning Support Service provides tools to help you excel at teaching, including:
- Workshops and guides on using the latest hardware, software, and multimedia techniques and resources in your classrooms
- Assistance in developing strategies for adopting new teaching technologies
- Support in teaching and preparing course objectives and evaluations
- Information on distance education
- Access to the centre for e-learning and graphic design services
Orientation, Training, and Integration Program
Joining a new university is an exciting step. But it can be overwhelming. Our Orientation, Training, and Integration Program will make you feel at home quickly at the University of Ottawa.
This program will help you to:
- Appreciate the make-up of the University
- Get acquainted or re-acquainted with pedagogical issues
- Learn how we support you in the classroom and in your research